This post is dedicated to those of you who sometimes worry about your weight or wallet, who maybe never have that second helping, who think “well, I really shouldn’t have desert…” (and unlike me, actually don’t)
Let me tell you about the last couple of weeks.
Those of you who’ve known me for longer know that generally, when I go to a developing country (or, let’s be honest, through a breakup), one of the
unfortunate results is that I lose weight – sometimes quite a bit.
So, in the past couple of weeks, I’ve been preparing. Some might call it exaggeration, I call it self-preservation. You’ll notice as you read this blog that the thing that I miss the most when abroad is food. So, in the past couple of weeks, I’ve been ‘stocking up’ – the pounds, the memories, whatever. Here is a quick rundown of my laisser-aller…
Since last Friday…
– Friday night : pizza and beer with the girls
– Saturday morning : scones (and bacon and cheese) with Teresa
– Saturday lunch : Pizza with the fam
– Saturday night : Burgers at the Chez followed by a cupcake from Cupcake Lounge. Followed by a Beavertail. (Regular me would be worried. Africa-bound me is still basking in the sweet, sweet memory)
– Sunday afternoon : Hot choc and brownies at Juliette et Chocolat
– Sunday night : Best poutine ever at Poutineville
– Monday night : Vietnamese with the lovely Paulette, followed by cookie dough fro-yo
– Tuesday : Homemade bbq with friends
– Wednesday : St-Hubert with Cecil
– Thursday : Pizza and sangria with the girls
– Friday (leaving today!) : Thai for lunch with mum
– Friday afternoon snack : Harvey’s. Had bacon on my burger. Almost didn’t, but mum pointed out that I’m going to a muslim country. Fair play.
– Friday right before going on the plane : Timmies bagel, iced cap and Boston Cream.
Here’s to hoping for Malaria, or a tapeworm.