This is the second post in the series of HERstory, from the Blogging Carnival on kickaction.ca
Cat is a videogame blogger for the Virgin radio network. You can read about the rad stuff she gets to do here. We’ve also been friends since we were about 12, which is pretty cool.
1. If someone wrote a biography about you, what would the title be?
Head in the clouds, feet on the ground: the story of an absent minded cynical girl
2. Where are you from? How has where you’re from shaped your life?
Gatineau/Ottawa. I grew up with both languages and have adopted habits of both cultures. I do not subscribe to the language debate since there is no debate when both are part of your life. I appreciate nature, culture and heritage.
3. Where do you live? How has where you live shaped your life?
Montreal. Living in a big city where everything is available and within reach, I have simplified my way of life. I live in a small apartment, I sold my car, I downsized my possessions and stopped hoarding/stocking up on groceries and other things since I can get anything I need easily.
4. What is your greatest achievement?
Graduating university. I really didn’t think I was gonna make it through.
5. What is your greatest fear?
Spiders and being poor.
6. What would you tell a young girl who is struggling with something like her identity, bullying, not fitting in, etc.?
To stop believing other people’s bullshit and worry about what she wants to be and where she wants to go. If doing so means certain people will stop caring about you, good! You’ll find real friends along the way, trust me.
7. What’s next?
I don’t know. I know I’ll keep drawing, I’ll keep designing, I’ll keep reading, I’ll keep writing and blogging but I don’t know where it will take me. That’s the fun part.